Skip to main content

Check out what's new

From Stress to Rest: Crafting an Optimal Evening Routine

Have you ever just lain in bed or sat on the couch, tired but unable to unwind and shut your eyes? Well, you're not alone. I used to, too. For years, I had a horrible night routine. As a bartender trying to support myself in university, I'd work till 2 AM and then wake up at 7 AM for class, then repeat it. It was exhausting, and once I left that life behind, I knew I needed to change many routines in my life. After years of trial-and-error, I've finally crafted a routine that works perfectly for me. Created from the insights I have gained from Andrew Huberman's podcast and Yoga with Kassandra , my new routine helps me unwind, relax, and prepare for a peaceful night's sleep. Let me share what I do, and hopefully it will give you some ideas on how to craft your own perfect evening routine. Unplug to Unwind: The Power of Digital Detox Starting the detox about 30 minutes before bed has significantly helped me ease into my sleep. I try to avoid my phone as much as possib

Quiet Corners in Bangkok: Exploring Chinatown's AMA Café

Hidden away from the bustling streets of Bangkok's Chinatown, AMA Hostel and Café is a tranquil haven worth discovering when you're in town. My first visit revealed a space filled with artistic touches, from red lantern-filled alleyways to a dragon-headed faucet. It's more than just a café, it's a welcoming face of a hostel, managed by a lady whose kindness and warming smile embodies Thailand's renowned hospitality. Visiting the café at 10 a.m., I found the café comfortably quiet, a perfect setting for those looking to enjoy a peaceful morning. This unique spot isn't just about great coffee; it's about experience a piece of Bangkok that feels both hidden and wholly inviting.

Finding AMA Café

When I say tucked away, i really do mean that. AMA Café is very hidden gem in Bangkok's bustling Chinatown, located down narrow alleyways that might daunt some tourists. However, those willing to venture down the lantern filled alleyways, are rewarded with a quaint, inviting café. To ensure you don't miss it, using Google Maps and following the sparse signs are recommended.

Transport options are plentiful with a nearby MRT station, taxis, and the popular Grab app making access easy. Just know you will still have to walk down the alleys, as there is no space for motorbikes really. The café is not just close to commercial activities but also near Sampheng Market, one of the busiest open-air markets in Chinatown, and a short walk from scenic spots like the Chao Praya River and Ong Ang anal. This mix of commerce and culture makes it an intriguing spot for anyone looking to explore the local scene.


The AMA Café Experience

Exploring Alleyways: 

When you're walking through Bangkok's Chinatown and the streets get narrower, keep an eye out for those red lanterns. they're not just for show; they lead you straight to AMA Hostel & Café. It's like stepping from one world into another, where the city noises drops away and find yourself in a calm, inviting courtyard.

What's on the Menu: 

I had my usual iced Matcha Latte without sugar, and they nailed it. The café's got a solid menu that caters to both coffee loves and tea fans like myself. Prices? They're pretty good, especially for being in Chinatown.

The Service:

The lady at the counter couldn't have been nicer, She was quick to take my order and even quicker getting my drink to me, all with a genuine smile. The famous Thai smile that keeps tourists coming back to Thailand. It's the kind of service that makes you feel really welcome. 

Why I'd Go Back: 

It's simple. the place is out of the way and quiet, which is pretty had to find in a busy city like Bangkok. The drinks are affordable, and the vibe is just right for relaxing and reading a book or whatever helps you unwind. It's one of those spots you're glad to know about because it feels like a little escape.


Final Thoughts

AMA Hostel & Café isn't just a spot to grab a coffee, it's an experience. Following those red lanterns to the café feels like a mini-adventure, and once you get there, it's all about unwinding and enjoying the moment. Definitely a place I'd visit again.



AMA Hostel & Café

📍191 ถนน จักรวรรดิ Khwaeng Chakkrawat, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100
📞 0858677888
⏰ 08:00 - 20:00 (Monday to Sunday)






Comments